Here is a simple and easy recipe to cook your frozen corn dogs in air fryer. It only takes 10 minutes, then you have your dogs ready to go! You’ll also find the printable recipe card to download and print.
After several hours of research, I found the best way for you to cook those corn dogs like a pro.
Continue reading if you want to learn:
- The best way to cook your frozen Regular & Mini corn dogs in air fryer
- Some useful and necessary cooking tips
- What to serve with your corn dogs
- Answering some related FAQs
- How to make your homemade corn dogs
Frozen corn dogs in air fryer
For this super simple recipe, all you need are some frozen corn dogs, either regular size or mini corn dogs.
Regular corn dogs
When it comes to cooking regular corn dogs, you just need to follow the simple steps below.
- Preheat your air fryer for 3 to 5 minutes at 370°F/188°C.
- Add your corn dogs in a single layer. If you want them to cook evenly and have a nice finish, make sure they don’t touch and let enough space between them. You would also like to not overlap them in the air fryer basket.
- If you have many corn dogs to cook, you’ll just have to cook them in batches. 😉
- Time to cook! Air fry your corn dogs for 8 to 10 minutes or until you think they are cooked as you desire.
- Cooking time is different from an air fryer to another, so make sure you keep an eye on your corn dogs and check if they need to be flipped for an even cooking.
- Once your corn dogs are cooked, remove them from the air fryer. Let them cool for a few minutes before eating. They will be hot!
Mini corn dogs
Cooking mini corn dogs in air fryer isn’t much different from cooking regular ones. You should only lessen the cooking time, the temperature is the same. Here are the steps you should follow.
- Preheat your air fryer to 370°F (188°C) for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add your mini corn dogs in a single layer without overlapping to prevent an uneven finish.
- Air fry your mini corn dogs for about 6 minutes. Gently flip and shake them before adding about 2 more minutes. Don’t forget to keep an eye on your corn dogs while they are cooking!
- Remove from the air fryer and let cool for some minutes. They will be hot!
Air Frying Times
For Regular corn dogs
Preheating: 3-5 minutes
Cooking: 8-10 minutes
For Mini corn dogs
Preheating: 3-5 minutes
Cooking: 6-8 minutes
Air Frying Temperatures
You will be preheating your air fryer and cooking your corn dogs, either regular or mini at a temperature of 370°F (188°C).
Regular Or Mini?
Both these sizes of corn dogs will perfectly cook in your air fryer. The only difference between the two is cooking time. You will cook the two at the same temperature, but in less time for the minis.
Note that the mini corn dogs will fit easier in your air fryer’s basket. However, if you need more space, you surely can cut the sticks a little bit to let them fit in the basket.
Also, make sure you place them in a single layer. They’ll then cook evenly and all the way through! 🙂
Why air-fried corn dogs?
- They’re very easy to make.
- The whole recipe takes less than 15 minutes.
- They are cooked with no oil.
- They come out crispy and golden on the outside and hot on the inside.
- You can serve your air-fried corn dogs for a quick lunch, an easy dinner, or even a simple snack.
Printable Recipe Card
If you like this recipe, here you have the printable recipe card you can download and print. Enjoy your corn dogs!
Feel free to share it on your social networks and pin it on your Pinterest. 🙂
Have some problems and need some tips to have a perfect result and avoid getting in trouble? Here are some mistakes to avoid and some tips that could be useful.
- Do not overlap your corn dogs. You should make sure they have enough space to cook well.
- Cook your corn dogs frozen. You don’t need to thaw them.
- When cooking mini corn dogs in air fryer, make sure to lessen the cooking time.
- Let your corn dogs cool after you take them out of the air fryer. They will be hot!
- Be patient! Don’t shorten the cooking time, your corn dogs may not be heated all the way through. So make sure you give them all their time! 🙂
- If you don’t feel comfortable cooking your corn dogs in an air fryer with their sticks, you can break them off or cut them.
- This recipe can be made in an air fryer oven or an air fryer unit with a basket.
- Flip or shake your corn dogs halfway through the cooking time if you want them to cook evenly on both sides.
- You’ll get to know the best cooking time for your corn dogs after the first try!
- Air fryer ovens require a longer cooking time than air fryer baskets, so make sure you keep an eye on your corn dogs when first trying a new recipe!
- You can add a spritz or two of air-fryer-safe spray oil to prevent your corn dogs from sticking. This may be not necessary for your air fryer, so read the instructions of yours before using spray oil!
- Keep your corn dogs frozen until you are ready to air fry them.
- Preheating your air fryer helps your corn dogs to cook better from the inside and the outside.
- Be sure to read your air fryer’s instructions!
What to serve with corn dogs?
You can serve your air fried corn dogs with any dipping sauce you like! Tomato sauce, ketchup, mustard, or even ranch dressing will be a perfect match!
You can also add some cheese! Any kind will work!
If you have some questions or want more information about how to cook pizza rolls in an air fryer, here you have some frequently asked questions that may help you.
Why use an air fryer?
Cooking food in a deep air fryer is unhealthy, and, when baked in a microwave or a regular oven, corn dogs come out with an uneven finish and aren’t cooked all the way through in a perfect way. So if you want crispy and perfectly cooked corn dogs [1, 2], using an air fryer is a good idea. 
Do I need to preheat my air fryer to cook corn dogs?
Yes! Preheating your air fryer will allow it to cook your corn dogs evenly from the outside and inside.
How long do you put corn dogs in the air fryer?
Cooking regular corn dogs only takes 10 minutes and cooking mini corn dogs takes even less time, about 7 minutes in all.
Should I use oil to cook air fryer corn dogs?
Nope! Your air fryer will cook these delicious dogs without any added oil!
Can you use cooking spray in an air fryer?
Yes! But it also depends on each ai fryer. Some don’t need cooking spray. So read yours’ instructions and you’ll get an answer!
Can you put corn dogs in air fryer?
Of course yes! When cooking corn dogs in air fryer, they come out crispy and amazing!
Do the corn dogs need to be in a single layer in the air fryer?
Yes, they do! And this is to allow them to cook evenly and all the way through. Otherwise, you will get unpleasing results. So, don’t overlap your corn dogs! Cook them in batches!
How to reheat Regular & Mini corn dogs in air fryer?
You just gotta put them in the air fryer for 3-5 minutes or until warmed and crispy again!
Can I Air Fry Corn Dogs with their Sticks?
Yes! But if you feel uncomfortable cooking your corn dogs with their sticks, you can break the sticks off!
Should I thaw them?
No! Your corn dogs should be frozen when placed in the air fryer.
Homemade corn dogs
Don’t want to buy corn dogs from the store? Here is an easy delicious recipe of how to make homemade corn dogs you will surely adore!
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1-quart vegetable oil for frying
- 2 (16 ounces) packages of beef frankfurter
- 16 wooden skewers
- In a large mixing bowl, mix cornmeal, flour, salt, pepper, sugar, and baking powder. Mix in the eggs and milk.
- Preheat oil in a frying deep pan.
- Insert the wooden skewers in the frankfurters. Roll in batter until well coated.
- Fry for about 3 minutes or until golden brown and let cool in paper towels.
- Serve with a dipping sauce you like.
How to Store and Reheat Corn Dogs
Store your corn dogs at room temperature for 2 to 3 days in a ziplock bag or an air-tight container. You can also store them in the refrigerator in a freezer container or bag for up to two months.
Reheat your stored-at-room temperature corn dogs in a preheated air fryer for 2 to 3 minutes. Reheat the frozen ones for about 4 minutes or until they are heated through. Make sure not to burn them!
You can’t help but feel great after eating your delicious corn dog meal. As explained in this article, you can use my recommended recipe and cooking tips to cook your corn dogs in air fryer.
Now you have the knowledge, it’s time for you to give it a try and enjoy your cooking. Let’s activate the cooking mode! 😉
Do you want more air fryer recipes? Check this best pizza rolls air fryer recipe and try it now.