Here is a simple and easy recipe to prepare instant pot potatoes. It takes way less time to be made than in a regular oven, then you have your delicious instant pot potatoes ready to go! You’ll also find the printable recipe card to download and print.
After several hours of research, I found the best way for you to prepare those instant pot potatoes.
Continue reading if you want to learn:
- The best way to cook your potatoes
- Some useful and necessary cooking tips
- The Recipe Variations
- How to serve your potatoes
- Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- Related FAQs
Instant Pot Potatoes Recipe
For this recipe, you’ll need:
- 6 to 8 medium potatoes (size and number depends on your instant pot – see recipes notes below)
- 1 cup water
- Salt, black pepper
And if you want to get crunchy and golden potatoes, you’ll also need:
- ¼ cup Butter
- 1 tsp Onion Powder & 1 tsp Garlic Powder (for taste)
- Scrub your potatoes and wash them well.
- Prick them with a fork a couple of times each.
- Pour the cold water into your Instant Pot, then place the trivet, foil balls, or steamer basket in the bottom.
- Place your clean potatoes, you can stack them if necessary.
- Add seasonings.
- Secure the lid in place and make sure the valve is set on SEALING.
- Set your instant pot to HIGH PRESSURE and cook for:
- 10 to 12 minutes for small potatoes
- 14 to 16 minutes for medium-sized potatoes
- 18 to 20 for large potatoes
- When cooking time ends, release pressure naturally for 10 minutes.
- Let cool potatoes before serving.
How to make Creamy Roasted Instant Pot Potatoes
- Set aside the baked potatoes.
- Dry the instant pot.
- Press the “cancel” button then the “Saute” button and heat up your instant pot.
- When the indicator says “hot”, add the butter.
- Add your potatoes to the instant pot and stir gently to coat them all with butter.
- Add your seasonings.
- Gently mix your potatoes, then let them harden and turn golden.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
See method 2 in the recipe notes.
How to serve Instant Pot Potatoes?
You can serve your “baked” potatoes with:
- Butter, salt, and pepper.
- Chicken breasts or thighs
- Sour cream
- Shredded cheese
Printable Recipe Card
If you like this recipe, here you have the printable recipe card you can download and print. Enjoy your potatoes!
Feel free to share it on your social networks and pin it on your Pinterest. 🙂
Why use Instant Pot?
Potatoes are one of the world’s best side dishes ever, especially crispy and tasty ones. Although they are super easy to make, they can take even more time to cook than the main dish does. They are easy but need too much time to be baked in a regular oven. So, won’t it be better if you could cook your potatoes in less time?
Of course yes.
Here comes the instant pot : your potatoes or whatever meal you are preparing takes way less time to be cooked than in a regular oven!
After you try this recipe, you’ll never return cooking your potatoes in an oven! 😀
- For even cooking results, choose potatoes equal in size.
- Make sure your potatoes aren’t sitting in the water by using a trivet.
- Scrub your potatoes and wash them well before cooking if you want them with their peelings.
- If you don’t have a trivet, you can roll aluminum foil into balls you are going to place in the bottom of your instant pot.
Recipe Notes & Variations
- Cooking time will vary depending on the size of your potatoes .
- For small potatoes: 10 to 12 minutes
- For medium potatoes: 14 to 16 minutes
- For large potatoes: 18 to 20 minutes
- For this recipe, you can use any kind of potatoes you like!
- You can keep your baked potatoes in the refrigerator for 4 to 6 days.
- You can either peel your potatoes or leave them unpeeled for this recipe.
- For roasted potatoes, you can also toss them with olive oil, place on a baking sheet, and roast them in your oven until golden and crispy.
Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Baked potatoes
- ¼ cup Butter
- ¼ cup Milk
- ¼ cup Sour Cream
- Salt, pepper & garlic powder (for seasoning)
- Mash the potatoes.
- Add butter, milk, sour cream, and seasonings and mix well.
- Enjoy! 😀
Can I cook potatoes in the instant pot without a trivet?
Using a trivet is essential for cooking potatoes in an instant pot; they shouldn’t be sitting in the water. If you don’t have one, it is not a problem! You can roll up aluminum foil into balls, place them in the bottom of your instant pot, and then add water. Place then your clean potatoes in a single layer and cook on high pressure!
How to cook diced potatoes in the instant pot?
To cook diced potatoes in the instant pot, use a steamer basket. Cook at high pressure for 3 minutes and let the pressure release naturally.
How to cook baby potatoes in the instant pot?
For cooking small baby potatoes in the instant pot, it is preferable to use a steamer basket. Add water to the instant pot steel insert. Place the steamer with the baby potatoes in the instant pot insert. Cook at high pressure for 5 minutes, then let the pressure release naturally.
You can’t help but feel great after eating your delicious instant pot potatoes! As explained in this article, you can use my recommended recipe and cooking tips to prepare your instant pot potatoes.
Now you have the knowledge, it’s time for you to give it a try and enjoy your cooking. Let’s activate the cooking mode! 😉