Here is a simple and easy recipe to cook your frozen pizza rolls in air fryer. It only takes 10 minutes, then you have your pizza rolls ready to go! You’ll also find the printable recipe card to download and print.
After several hours of research, I found the best way for you to cook those pizza rolls like a pro.
Continue reading if you want to learn:
- The best way to cook your frozen pizza rolls
- Some useful and necessary cooking tips
- How to serve your pizza rolls
- Answering some related FAQs
- How to make and bake your homemade pizza rolls
Frozen Pizza Rolls in Air Fryer Recipe
For this recipe, all you will need are some frozen pizza rolls. You could use different sizes of pizza rolls, depending on your air fryer.
- Preheat your air fryer to 380°F (190°C) for 3 minutes. Your air fryer may state you don’t need to preheat it, but for short cook time foods, you would have better results with a preheated air fryer.
- Add the pizza rolls in a single layer. If you want them to cook evenly, it would be better to not overlap them. It is still not a problem if they are touching, just make sure to shake the basket a few times during the cooking time.
- It is time for cooking. Air fry your pizza rolls for about 7 minutes. Cook time is different from an air fryer to another, so check your pizza rolls frequently to ensure they don’t come up overcooked or undercooked.
- It is time to eat! Enjoy your air-fried pizza rolls by dunking them in pizza sauce or whatever dipping sauce you like! They will be hot when just out of the air fryer, so make sure you let them cool before eating them!
Air Frying Times
Preheating your air fryer: 3 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 to 8 minutes (depending on the air fryer)
Total time: 8 to 11 minutes
Air Frying Temperatures
Air fry your pizza rolls under a temperature of 380°F (190°C)
Printable Recipe Card
If you like this recipe, here you have the printable recipe card you can download and print. Enjoy your pizza rolls!
Feel free to share it on your social networks and pin it on your Pinterest. 🙂
Have some problems and need some tips to have a perfect result and avoid getting in trouble? Here are some mistakes to avoid and some tips that could be useful.
- Adjusting the cooking time: All pizza rolls vary in size and filling, and all air fryers are different: some cook hotter than others. So you’ll have to adjust the timing depending on your model and the size of your pizza rolls. You’ll know the perfect cooking time after trying to cook your first batch.
- If you are cooking multiple times, make sure you check your pizza rolls frequently so that they won’t burn or overcook. Try reducing the cooking time after each batch.
- You could also reduce the cooking time if you don’t like when the pizza rolls burst.
- Make sure to let your pizza rolls cool after they’re out from the air fryer, they could be dangerously hot!
- If your pizza rolls start to burst before the cooking time ends, you can end the cooking process.
- If you want your pizza rolls to be super crispy, you can add a spritz or two of oil before cooking them.
- If you are using the air fryer oven, use the middle rack and select the “Air Fry” function.
- Check your food every few minutes to avoid it from overcooking or undercooking.
How to serve Pizza Rolls?
Once your pizza rolls are cooked, you can serve them with a dipping sauce you like, tomato sauce or BBQ, even sour cream or ranch dressing will perfectly match! You can also serve them with some guacamole or some cheese.
If you have some questions or want more information about how to cook pizza rolls in an air fryer, here you have some frequently asked questions that may help you.
Why use an air fryer?
Cooking food in a deep air fryer is unhealthy, and, when baked in a microwave or a regular oven, pizza rolls [1, 2] come out with an uneven finish and aren’t cooked all the way through. So if you want crispy and perfectly cooked pizza rolls, using an air fryer  is a good idea.
How long do you put pizza rolls in the air fryer?
Cooking pizza rolls in an air fryer usually takes 5 to 8 minutes. But to ensure you don’t overcook or undercook them, you can watch them a few times during the cooking and you also would like to give them a shake after every 3 minutes.
Should I use oil to cook air fryer pizza rolls?
No! Pizza rolls come out crispy and extremely delicious without using any oil.
Can you put pizza rolls in the air fryer?
Of course yes! With using an air fryer, your frozen pizza rolls, either store-bought or homemade will come out very crispy and you will surely love them!
Can pizza be cooked in an air fryer?
Yes, you can! Put your pizza in the air fryer and cook for about 7 minutes under 375°F (190°C) or until you think you should end the cooking process.
Do I need to preheat my air fryer?
Read the instructions in your air fryer, you may need to preheat yours or you may not.
Do the rolls need to be in a single layer in the air fryer?
If you want your pizza rolls to be evenly cooked and have all the same crispy finish, you would like to put them in a single layer and avoid overlapping them.
How to make homemade pizza rolls?
Don’t want to buy pizza rolls from the store? Here is an easy delicious recipe of how to make homemade pizza rolls you will surely adore!
- 4 cups (500g) flour
- 1 tablespoon instant dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- 1¼ cups (300 ml) water
- 2 tablespoons (30g) melted butter
- 13 oz (370g) tomato sauce
- 13 oz (370g) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Olives/pepperoni/extra cheese for topping
- 1 egg for brushing
- In a bowl, mix the dry ingredients: flour yeast, and sugar. Add salt, melted butter, and water. Knead for 7 minutes.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and let rise for about 1 hour.
- Roll the dough into a rectangle.
- Spread the tomato sauce, crushed garlic, and sprinkle oregano. Then add mozzarella and olives (optional). You can add whatever else you would like to. Leave about some centimeters uncovered on the edges.
- Gently roll the dough. Divide it into 14 equal pieces (or as much as you want). Place the rolls in a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Cover and let rise for about 20 – 30 minutes.
How to bake Pizza Rolls in the Oven?
Baking pizza rolls in the oven is the simplest thing you could ever do, just follow those instructions:
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (204°C)
- Place the baking dish in the oven
- Bake for 14 to 16 minutes or until golden
- Let the pizza rolls cool then serve with dipping sauce
How to Store and Reheat Pizza Rolls
Store your pizza rolls in a container or ziplock bag at room temperature for 3 to 4 days and in the refrigerator for up to 2 months.
Reheat your pizza rolls kept at room temperature for 2 to 3 minutes in the air fryer, and reheat the frozen ones for about 4 minutes. Keep an eye on them so that they don’t get burnt!
You can’t help but feel great after eating your delicious pizza rolls meal. As explained in this article, you can use my recommended recipe and cooking tips to cook your pizza rolls in air fryer.
Now you have the knowledge, it’s time for you to give it a try and enjoy your cooking. Let’s activate the cooking mode! 😉
Do you want more air fryer recipes? Check this best corn dogs in air fryer recipe and try it now.